The Anglican Diocese of Central Zimbabwe exists to exalt the Lord Jesus Christ, equip believers to operate in areas of their spiritual gifts, to empower the governing board and all priests to lead with excellence, and to make the church relate more effectively to the community in which it exists.
Our mission as a Diocese will be accomplished by living according to the values that are listed below, which speak to the economic, social, spiritual and environmental responsibilities of every Christian. We commit ourselves to these values to guide our decisions and our behaviors as we implement this strategic plan to the glory of God:
1. Excellence; to be the best in quality and in everything we do in our service for God.
2. Teamwork: as a team we are to be supportive of each other’s efforts, loyal to one another, and care for each other both personally and professionally.
3. Agility; we are to be flexible in our approach, helping each other to strike a healthy participation in this strategic plan. In this Diocese, we believe our future depends on speed and flexibility – mentally, emotionally and physically. Responding resourcefully to society’s fast-changing needs is the road to success. We will meet the forces of change with power and grace with God’s help. We will make course corrections that demonstrate flexibility as well as courage, and that highlight our ability to keep ourselves aligned with the word of God.
4. Integrity: we act with honesty and integrity, not compromising the truth. We believe our promise is our most vital product – our word is our bond. We employ the highest ethical standards, demonstrating honesty, love and fairness in every action that we take.
5. Passion for results: we show pride, enthusiasm and dedication in everything that we do for the glory of God.
6. Respect: we shall treat each other, our customers, partners and suppliers with mutual respect and sensitivity, recognizing the importance of diversity. We respect all individuals and value their contributions and will honor our relationships with each other. We treat others with the highest degree of dignity, equality and trust.
7. Open Communication: All of us in this Diocese are encouraged to openly share their
opinions and views.
8. Unity – we are one church, one team. We believe that succeeding as a church is as important as succeeding independently. We look at each other as crucial resources.
9.Perseverance:-keep doing well even if it seems impossible